The Caribou Marathon (the most northeastern in the US) is a USATF certified (#ME17007JK ), will be on Sunday, September, 16 at 8am. You will have the half marathoners with you until @ mile 12. Then you will continue on the beautiful 26.2 loop which finishes at the Caribou Wellness Center. Most of Bennett Drive will be shut down for the race and town festival.
The Caribou Maine Marathon is a rolling hill course that showcases the beauty of Caribou and Aroostook County. After touring through (& being cheered on by) downtown neighborhoods, you will run bysome of our local potato fields and farms, then along the Aroostook River. You will then come back finish to the cheers of everyone downtown again.
The route takes you along some of the most scenic roads in Maine. You will start and finish in the same area where there will be an abundance of restrooms as well as (limited) showers, post race snacks (with a potato bar!) and drinks and a warm drink station. There will be a potato bar and beer at the finish line for all runners. The Caribou Wellness Center is heated and on-site for your comfort.
Pertinent facts you need to know:
- The race is on rain or shine….or snow!
- Cash prizes for top 3 M/F
*minimum of 6 athletes must compete
per category are required in order for anyone
to be eligible for any cash prize.
- 1st. $500.
- 2nd $250.
- 3rd $150.
- All registrants receive a long sleeve shirt, goodie bag and access to the post race festival.
- All finishers will also receive a finishers medal.
- Top 3 M & F finishers from “The County” will also be awarded.
- Awards to Top M & F for each age group.
- age groups: 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- This IS a Boston Qualifier. All qualifiers will be awarded an additional medal.
- Packet pick up is on Sept 15th 2-7pm at the Caribou Wellness Center.
- The course will be open for 7 hours.
- Other questions can be answered on our FAQ Page.
- The full weekend schedule can be FOUND HERE.
The CARIBOU Marathon is organized by Sub 5 Race Management LLC & the City of Caribou. This marathon like other USATF certified Marathons serves as an event to qualify for the BAA Boston Marathon. The Boston Marathon is organized by the BAA. There is no formal relationship or agreement between Sub 5, The City of Caribou and the BAA. The Caribou Marathon submits results to the BAA for this marathon so that it may accept or deny applicants according to its’ own rules and regulations.
Boston Marathon, B.A.A. Marathon, and the B.A.A. Unicorn logo are registered trademarks of the Boston Athletic Association. Use of these trademarks without written permission from the Boston Athletic Association is prohibited.